Projectors are output devices primarily used to help users consume the best entertainment tool, bringing their streaming experience to the big home screen. The projector screens give a connection to the computer or any other external device to successfully project the image or any video content on the giant projector surface.
They are usually a few inches tall and a few feet wide and support Bluetooth and WiFi connections for more advanced options. But the major question which is associated with the projector is “how much is a projector screen.” And it is a significant question before purchasing one. If you are also searching for the answer, then do not go further, as we have compiled the best solution for you.
Let’s read ahead!
Types of Projector Screen
From the introduction above, hopefully, you are now acknowledging the fact that projectors give a truly cinematic experience in the comfort of your home. But this technological development demands a little attention when going into the market to purchase one for yourself.
To choose the best you must know some aspects about the projector screens, the primary one being the screen style. So here are two screen styles of a projector: retractable and fixed. Both are good in use, and the rest depends on the room you want to install them.
1. Fixed Projector Screen
If you have plenty of space in the room, then a fixed screen is the best option to invest in. And remember, a fixed screen is just like a photo frame which can be easily hung on the wall but requires a proper placement. A fixed projector screen is made of Aluminium or a wooden frame with a PVC sheet which resultantly contributes to the low price of the fixed projector screen.
The only limitation associated with the use of a fixed projector screen is that you have to make sure that the room is only vacant for entertainment purposes and that no other activities will happen after setting up the projector.
2. Retractable Projector Screen
If you want some flexibility in entertainment, then a screen that can be rolled down easily to place anywhere in the room could help you in this regard, and fortunately, a retractable screen is the one that does not require a dedicated room. They are available in two main categories, pull-up, and pull-down screens.
Pull-up screens are the pop-up screens that are placed behind the media center, while the pull-down screens are ceiling-mounted or wall-mounted. Moreover, these screens are portable, so you can take them anywhere you want to set them up.
Choosing the Right Projector Screen
When you decide to buy a projector screen, then it is not a random process as it needs proper searching. So here we are going to sum up this query on how to make an investment worth the money.
Let’s scroll ahead!
- The aspect ratio is one of the essential factors that need to be considered. This depends on the type of application you want to project on the projector screen. The common aspect ratio formats include 1:1, 1.6:1, 1.85:1, 1.78:1, 1.33:1 and 2.35:1.
- Now select the type of screen, whether you want a motorized or a fixed screen. This factor has a major effect on your budget as well because the motorized screens need some more dollars to invest in as compared to the fixed ones.
- The third important factor is the screen size. The optimum screen size is the best option if you want to enjoy the real fun of movies. The screen size varies with the room size or the users’ choice. But as a general rule, the height of the screen should be 1/6 the distance from the screen to the last seating row so that everyone can have equal exposure.
- Last but not least, projector screen material is another essential feature that should never be neglected. It depends on the room where you want to place the screen, as some surfaces are more likely to work in a brighter room, and some are ideal for dark rooms.
How Much Does It Cost to Buy a Projector Screen?
Most people ask the question, is it worth buying a projector screen? Then the answer must be YES! Because the projector screens are worth their price. No doubt, just like the other purchases, not the expensive one is the only option. If you find a decent screen at a reasonable price, then surely go for it. A projector screen works well if you have a compatibly perfect environment. Even minor imperfections will ruin the whole fun. But different projector screens have different costs.
Let’s check them one by one!
- A 120-inch projection screen can cost between $150 all the way up to $25k.
- The average cost of each commercial screen per week is $30 to $35.
- A cinema projector screen costs about $10000 with an annual range of $3000 to $45,000.
- Generally, the average cost of a projector screen is about $55 to $260. The expensive ones range up to $290. But mostly, the price range lies between $170 to $230. If you go for a cheaper one, which is about $32 in price, then there are more chances of damages that become unrepairable later.
- Moreover, the design of the projector screen, manufacturing brand, the fabric of the projector screen, installation features, resolution, performance, size, and weight add more cost to the projector screen.
A projector screen is a high-performance device, and its cost depends on several factors. For those who ask how much is a projector screen? It must be clear that the more they invest, the more they will get but not all the time as there are many reasonable technology options available in the market. So you can make the list of your requirements and then purchase the one which matches your needs. Buy your screen with manual and convenient installation techniques and enjoy the experience!